Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Sale-ing

Today was a great day of yard sales! Our neighborhood had a community yard sale and so did another community not far away. I love community yard sales because you can hit a ton in a short amount of time. The only thing that bums me out is when all of HOA's decide to do theirs on the same weekend. For those of you that live in Vegas, the Aliante sale is going to be next weekend. Ok on to our loot!

I bought this to be used as a hope chest for one of my girls. I plan to take the stuff off the front and either paint it or stain it. It was $8.00.

Ok below I got some pompoms .75, clear plastic canvas 1.50, silicone snowmen baking pan 1.00 2 egg trays .25, and a Strongs concordance $5. I was excited to get these items, but the lady that sold them and her story was amazing and one of the reasons I love yard sale-ing! Her name was Ruth. She and her husband were missionaries in Russia for 7 years. She had great stories about that time. Then they moved to Florida and ran an emergency shelter for foster kids where they met and adopted their two daughters. They moved here to Vegas and her husband started a Russian church here which is still going strong. But sadly a year ago her husband passed away and now she is moving out of state to get a fresh start. Anyways those of you that know me know I hate crying in front of people. It was seriously hard for me not to cry when hearing her story. I told her I would keep her family in prayer forever and if you readers will too that will be awesome! I just love how God is in all the details of my life, even my silly yard sale-ing hobby. :)


I got this for $2. I needed one to take drinks for basketball games, park days, co-ops, and what not.


2 lunch boxes, a Santa advent countdown....it holds lollipops but Im going to put a fun activity in each one to complete everyday until Christmas (idea stolen from Becky Johnson), a purse for Graisan, 8 things of glass beads, a victorian fashion paper doll book, and a 1930's paper doll book all $1.00 each.


A halloween wig, and a quilt cutting mat .75 each. Yes that's right, the cutting mat was only .75 cents!


A box of animal magazines to use for preschool projects....FREE


3 twilight t-shirts, a hangover t-shirt, and a pair of shorts .50 each


Nicholas LOVES spiderman. I found this costume for $2. Score!


Hippy skirt for me .75


4 magnetized travel games, and cake decorating set .50 each


2 cookie pop pans, paints, hot wheels cars, craft needle, a wax letter sealer .25 each


Shirts for the girls .25 each


I feel so happy with what we found today and more importantly the people we met and the time I got to spend with River. I do not take for granted that in a couple of years he will be gone and no matter how much he annoys me at times I truly cherish the time we get to spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-35200216-1