Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Sale-ing

Due to some budget cuts here in the VanDusen house we haven't been able to go yard sale-ing for a while. So River and I were super excited to be able to go today! Graisan had an early Signs of the Spirit performance so she was able to come too. I let River drive for a good portion of the morning which slowed us down a bit, but he needs the experience. Anyways, let me get to the loot....

Here we have 2 origami box sets, 2 charcoal pencils, a plant hanger, and a pair of oven mitts each for fifty cents.


River was super excited to find another currency collector. The guy had a ton of stuff at pretty good deals but this is what he got. A 1963 red seal $2, a 1928 red seal $5, a 1934 blue seal $5 silver certificate, a 1935 $1 blue seal silver certificate, and a 1935 funnyback $1 certificate. He bought this as a package deal for $30. When we got home he looked them up and they are currently worth about $80, although he never plans to sell them. 


I got all these books for a whopping total of fifty cents!


Below we have a tub of lego type blocks but different than any I have seen, some cool transparent shape things I plan to use with the light table, a funky hat, and a pair of reindeer ears. These were a quarter each. I am most excited for the tub of shapes for only a quarter. And yes I will wear the hat and ears (not at the same time), Im a preschool teacher what do you expect?


Ever since my McBestie bought banana split bowls and has been posting pics on facebook with delicious banana splits, I have been wanting my own. Well check that off my list because I found this set for $3. 


And last but not least, I bought the tv and stand for $2. A pair of headphones...$2, and a lamp for the girls room $2. 


Not a giant haul today, but it satisfied our picking urge. I still have to work on the unfinished projects from my previous hauls, or I might get turned in to that Hoarders show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-35200216-1