Friday, September 7, 2012

The Tot Lot - Jesse Bear What will you wear?


We just finished our first week of official pre-school! I can honestly say I am so looking forward to the rest of the year. I chose to use Before five in a row curriculum. It's a perfect fit for us! Reanna and Nick both love to hear the story and Reanna has her own schoolwork to do while the older kids do theirs.

We start off every morning with calendar time. I go over the month, seasons, weather, days of the week (we even sing the days of the week song), and number of days we have been doing school. This month happens to be Reanna's birthday month so we countdown the days to her birthday, which happens to be her favorite thing. I bought our calendar from Lakeshore Learning. This is our set-up.


Next is storytime. This week we "rowed" Jesse Bear what will you wear. You can see by the smile she loved it! The story was obviously about what Jesse wears, so after we read it the first day, I had her help me clean out and organize her closet. We picked out her clothes for everyday of the week to make mornings go smoothly. 


The rest of the week she worked on her lapbook I printed from Homeschool Share. Here are some pics of her working on it.




I also found a cute blog on pinterest that had Jesse Bear printables. Click Here for the blog. I printed and laminated the bear and clothes and attached velcro to the back. She loves dressing her bear over and over again :)


Even Daddy got in on the fun during his day off. He played the laundry matching game with her, which is in the Homeschool share lapbook printables. She helped me color them, and I laminated them so she can use over and over. 


The best part of our week was ending with a field trip to Build a Bear! Reanna and Nick got to make their very own Jesse Bears. Our host was so awesome she even read the story to the kids. Below is a pic of Reanna listening to the story. 


Here is kinda a group pic :). All the kids didn't make it in this one, not even Nick, who by this time was walking around the mall with his sister. His attention span is about 3.2 seconds and he hadn't had a nap. 


I would say the first week of preschool was a Huge success! I cant wait for next week, we are doing Caps for Sale. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-35200216-1